Although October is nearing its end, that doesn’t mean the fun has to stop. Tampa Bay and the surrounding areas have plenty of events to keep you occupied until the holidays. Be on the lookout for these November festivities:
Oct. 31 – Nov. 4
6 pm: Ybor Jazz Festival – Hillsborough Community College Ybor Campus Performing Arts Building.
This is a five-day event featuring local and national jazz artists. Daily passes are $15. HCC students and faculty are free with ID.
Friday, Nov. 2
- Want unique gifts for your loved ones this holiday season? Come get a head start on your holiday shopping with an array of vendors selling handmade crafts.
2 pm: WOBtoberfest – World of Beer South Tampa
- Keep October alive by celebrating World of Beer’s annual Oktoberfest with a line up of German Beer and live music.
6 pm: India Festival – Florida State Fairgrounds
- Come see all the Indian culture has to offer with this annual festival, including dancing competitions, Indian food items, fashion shows, concerts, etc. $15 on Nov. 2 $8 on Saturday, Nov. 3
Saturday, Nov. 3
10 am: Holiday Market – Tampa Garden Club
- Spruce (see what we did there) up your home for the holiday season with seasonal plants from several vendors. They will also be selling casseroles, baked goods and more.
Noon: Ybor City Coffee Experience – Tampa Bay History Center
- Enjoy a walking tour of Ybor City while you sip Cigar City coffee and learn the history of it all. The exhibit in the History Center will be on display through the January 2013.
Wednesday, Nov. 7
11 am: Mayor’s Food Truck Fiesta – Lykes Gaslight Square Park
- Food trucks in downtown Tampa. Need we say more?
Friday, Nov. 9
11 am: RibFest with Jonny Lang and Buddy Guy – Vinoy Park
- The RibFest is a three-day event (Nov. 9-11) filled with music, entertainment, and, of course, ribs! Besides the main attraction, ribs, there will also be other food items, a classic car and truck show, a classic motorcycle show, and tons of fun family and kid-friendly activities. Advance tickets are $16 and $20 at the gate. Children 12 and younger are free.
7 pm: Gasparilla International Film Festival: Global Lens Series – Tampa Museum of Art
- Take a break from the box office hits and enjoy some independent filmmaking. See the 10th film of the ongoing series – Toll Booth. Regularly priced tickets are $8 and $5 for students, seniors, and Museum of Art members. Members of GIFF are free.
Saturday, Nov. 17
10 am: Ybor City Heritage and Cigar Festival – Centennial Park
- Celebrate the cultural heritage of Ybor City and the cigar industry with activities like cigar rolling demonstrations, musical tributes, special guest appearances, and food trucks. Tickets are $5 in advance and $10 at the gate. Children 12 and younger are free.
Saturday, Nov. 24
9 pm: 2 Chainz – Ritz Ybor
- If you missed him at this year’s Last Damn Show, then now’s your chance to redeem yourself. True! Tickets start at $25.
Thursday Nov. 29
- Laugh it up with comedian and actor Louis C.K., star of FX’s Louie as he performs his stand-up act. Mature audiences only. Tickets start at $45 and are only available on his website.
11 am: Lunch on the Lawn – Lykes Gaslight Square Park
October 2012 – May 2013
- This weekly event features live entertainment and express lunches from nearby restaurants. This event will continue every Friday through May 2013.
Outdoor Skating Rink – Curtis Hixon Park
Nov. 16- Jan. 5
- Starting Nov. 16, this outdoor skating rink (a rarity in Florida) will be open daily 4 pm for 90-minute skating sessions. On Saturdays it will open at 10 am, and on Sundays it will open at noon. This attraction will last until January, so us Floridians can at least have a little taste of winter fun and games.