Some days, looking into my closet can be downright torture. Everything is boring or I feel like “I just wore that.” I think it’s time to switch things up this Spring. I challenged myself to find a new wardrobe for under $500. I didn’t include any hand-bags (I’m guessing we all have too many of those anyway) but I included everything from the polish on your nails to the shoes on your feet. I tried to find pieces that were on sale and incorporate this Spring’s hot trends, floral and stripes, as well as this Spring’s “it” colors, emerald and white. I chose 11 pieces of clothing, two pairs of shoes, one necklace, and three nail polishes. Combined, everything came to only $453. This is a great deal considering that some people spend more than that on one outfit.
- Target: Floral Jacket $25
- Target: Jean Vest $28
- Charlotte Russe: Canvas Jacket $37
- Bauble Bar: Yellow Necklace $34
- Old Navy: Patterned White Shirt $15
- Luls.com: Heart on Your Sleeve Sweater $41
- Old Navy: Chambray Blue Floral $15
- Bloom: Wedge Shoes $68
- Old Navy: Neon Shoes $23
- Old Navy: Striped Tee Dress $25
- Old Navy: White Jeans $30
- Old Navy: Camo Green Pants $30
- Target: Floral Pants $28
- Old Navy: Green Pants $30
- Essie Nail Polishes: Antique Rose, Too Too Hot Red, Orange It’s Obvious ($8 each and can be found online or at most drugstores)
As I head home from a shopping trip, no matter how big or small, I go through all the ways I can wear the pieces that I have just purchased. I promised to give you 14 pieces that will ‘freshen up your wardrobe,’ and decided I would give some inspiration and show you a few ways (13 to be exact) that these pieces can be worn. That’s 13+ outfits for under $500! It just goes to show you that it doesn’t take thousands of dollars to be stylish.
Here’s what I put together:
Striped Tee-shirt Dress-
Camo Green Pants-
So there you have it, 13 outfits! Hope this has helped you to prepare your Spring wardrobe! Happy Shopping!
Tara Wikoff/CW44 Tampa Bay