I’m back for another installment of The Make-Up Diaries, you may recall from my first post (The Make-Up Diaries: The Basics) that I am a “make-up person.” I’m not one of those girls who can throw on some powder and lip gloss and head out the door. Just to be clear, literally speaking I probably could, but personally I don’t think it looks good on me. The thing is, I don’t always have the time to spend 25 minutes applying make-up, sometimes I want to look put-together without all the effort. So the other day when I was going to run some errands (but didn’t want to scare small children) I found a way to do my make-up in under five minutes and didn’t hate it. Being the generous person that I am, I figured I’d share my findings and maybe give you some good ideas on how to shorten the treacherous make-up process.
Here’s what I used and the steps I took:
1. Loose/pressed powder
3. White eye liner
4. Lipstick/Lip-stain/Colored lip-gloss (whatever you fancy, just make sure it’s something with color)
7. Brow pencil
4 Simple Steps
1. Apply powder all over face.
2. Apply blush on the apples of your cheeks. (Hint: Smile and apply the blush to the meaty part of your cheeks in a circular motion. Go easy with the blush, you only want to look a little flushed.)
3. Dab some white eye-liner in the inside corner of your eyes, underneath the arch of your eyebrows and on the top arch of your lip. Use your finger to rub the eyeliner in as you are only using it to brighten and definitely don’t want white lines all over your face.
4. Add a lip color and a generous amount of mascara.
5. Fill in your brows if needed.
6. Add a highlighter to the top of your cheekbones, the middle of your forehead and down the bridge of your nose.
If all goes well you should your make-up should look like January Jones below, natural but beautiful.
And there you have it, a perfectly acceptable face to leave the house in, while still looking oh-so-natural. Hopefully this helps to save you some time while still continuing to fool everyone into thinking we woke up looking this way. 😉
See all my Make-Up Diaries here.
Tara Wikof | CW44 Tampa Bay