Contest Rules: “Comedies for Grown Ups” Sweepstakes
“Comedies for Grown Ups” Sweepstakes
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The “Comedies for Grown Ups” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal U.S. residents, who are physically located and residing in the terrestrial geographic television viewing area of Tampa, Florida (the “Viewing Area”) and who are 18 years of age or older as of time of entry. Entrants must also have either a valid social security number or a valid U.S. personal tax identification to participate. Employees of Sony Pictures Television Inc. (“Sponsor”), the Sweepstakes administrator, WTOG-CW44, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, design, printing, development, implementation or handling of the Sweepstakes, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent, subsidiary, and related companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, any other person or entity associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively “Sweepstakes Entities”), members of their immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents), and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes Description: This Sweepstakes begins at 6:00:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“EST”) on April 29, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on May 3, 2013 (“Sweepstakes Period”). This Sweepstakes consists of five (5) daily drawings (one (1) per day), each a daily sweepstakes and one (1) grand prize drawing and has available (5) prizes (one (1) prize per daily sweepstakes and one (1) Grand prize, as outlined in paragraph 4, below. The entry period for each daily sweepstakes begins at 6:00:00 p.m. PT and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT each respective day (“Daily Entry Period”). Pacific Time shall control for all purposes of this Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s computer shall be the official clock for purposes of the Sweepstakes. Prospective entrants must go http://www.CW44.com (“Website”) to enter. As part of the Sweepstakes, and in order to receive a bonus entry (as outlined in paragraph 3, below) prospective participants are asked to watch the television programs, King of Queens and Rules of Engagement (the “Shows”), airing weekdays on television in syndication, in the Tampa Television market, (consult local listings for time and channel in your area) in order to watch for the sweepstakes “code” for each Daily Entry Period which will be displayed during the first thirty (30) minutes of each respective episode in a special on screen graphic display (“Code”). Show schedules, may be changed or preempted without notice. In such an event, at the election of the Sponsor, the Sweepstakes may be played outside the usual dates and times, or not at all. The potential award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification, as set forth below.
- How to Enter: To enter the Sweepstakes, access the Website, enter the code word and complete the entry form by providing the following information: First Name, Last Name, Street Address, City, State, Zip Code, Date of Birth, Phone Number, and Email Address (collectively, “Entry Information”). All required Entry Information must be completed in full, must be accurate and valid. The Entry Information must match the information of the entrant that completed the act of physically entering the Sweepstakes. After completing and submitting your Entry Information, you will then receive one entry into the Sweepstakes for that daily sweepstakes and the grand prize drawing (“Sweepstakes Entry”). Limit four (4) Sweepstakes Entries per person (based on e-mail address) per Daily Entry Period. Sweepstakes Entries for a given daily sweepstakes must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. PT of such respective day. Sweepstakes Entries for the last daily sweepstakes and the grand prize drawing must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on May 3, 2013. Multiple Sweepstakes Entries submitted by the same person in excess of this limit will be disqualified. Proof of delivery or receipt of Sweepstakes Entries will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of receipt (or entry). Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as described herein is void.
- Prizes/Odds of Winning: Five (5) Daily Prizes (one (1) prize per daily sweepstakes): Each daily prize winner will win one (1) King of Queens and/or Rules of Engagement Prize Pack consisting of select Show merchandise which may include a DVD set, shirt, pants, mug, coasters, and note cube (actual Prize Pack merchandise items awarded subject to availability and at Sponsor’s sole discretion). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Daily Prize: 160.00. One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a two (2) night trip for the winner and one (1) guest (who may not be a minor in the jurisdiction where he/she is located) to New York, NY. The Grand Prize will include roundtrip coach class air transportation from a major airport near the Grand Prize winner’s residence, to New York, NY; standard hotel accommodations (single room, double occupancy); two (2) tickets to the Grown Ups 2 movie premiere (“Event”); ground transportation to/from the Airport/Hotel and Hotel/Event; and $500 spending cash (awarded in the form of a check). Total ARV of each Grand Prize: $3,150.00. Total ARV of all prizes: $3,950.00. Odds of winning a Daily Prize depend upon the total number of eligible Sweepstakes Entries and Bonus Entries received for that daily drawing. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend upon the total number of eligible Sweepstakes Entries and Bonus entries received for the entire Sweepstakes Period. The Grand Prize winner and his/her respective guest may be required to have/present at least one major credit card in good standing in order to check into their hotel room. The Grand Prize winner and his/her respective guest must travel together on the same itinerary. Items not specifically mentioned as being included as part of the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and his/her guest including, but not limited to, travel tax, travel insurance, room service, laundry service, meals, unspecified ground transportation, baggage fees, hotel incidentals, local and long distance telephone calls, gratuities, personal items, government fees, and all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned herein. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for prizes, except that Sponsor in its sole discretion may substitute a prize of equal or greater value due to prize unavailability for any reason. Any depiction of prizes, in Sweepstakes materials or otherwise, is for illustrative purposes only. All expenses not specifically mentioned as being included are excluded and are each winner’s sole responsibility. Sweepstakes void where prohibited by law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including, but not limited to, income taxes) arising from Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of the winners. The Grand Prize winner will receive a 1099 Form from the Sponsor for the value of the Grand Prize. The Sweepstakes administrator is not the supplier or guarantor of any of the prizes.
- Drawings and Notification of Winners: For each daily sweepstakes, one (1) potential winner will be randomly selected from all eligible Sweepstakes Entries and Bonus Entries received for that daily sweepstakes in a drawing to be held on or about the business day following each Daily Entry Period, by the Sponsor or Sponsor’s representative. Entries received for a given daily drawing will not be retained for subsequent daily drawings but all non-winning Sweepstakes Entries received during the entire Sweepstakes Period will still be eligible for the Grand Prize drawing. The Grand Prize drawing will be held on or about the next business day following the end of the Sweepstakes Period by the Sponsor or Sponsor’s representative. All Prize winners will be notified by phone at the phone number provided on his/her Sweepstakes Entry within approximately two (2) days of the date his/her name was selected. The potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign, execute, have notarized and return an original unmodified Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, (where legal) a Publicity Release and any other documentation that Sponsor requires (collectively “Affidavit/Release“) within five (5) days after receipt by the potential grand prize winner or such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, be selected. By returning a completed Affidavit/Release, the Grand Prize winner attests to the authenticity of his/her Entry. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted, if he/she is found to be ineligible, he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, and/or his/her prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner will be disqualified, and, an alternate potential winner for that prize may be selected (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) from all remaining eligible Sweepstakes Entries received for that particular daily drawing or the Grand Prize drawing. All Prizes and all respective Prize notification/documents will be mailed/shipped to street addresses located within the terrestrial geographic television viewing area of Tampa, Florida television market only.
- ARBITRATION; WAIVER OF INJUNCTIVE RELIEF; GOVERNING LAW: ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH, TOUCHING UPON OR RELATING TO (I) THE SWEEPSTAKES, (II) THE AWARDING OR REDEMPTION OF ANY PRIZES AND/OR (III) THE DETERMINATION OF THE SCOPE OR APPLICABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THEIR ENFORCEMENT OR INTERPRETATION SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE SUBSTANTIVE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS. BY SUBMITTING A SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY, EACH ENTRANT (AND HIS/HER PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN IF THE ENTRANT IS A MINOR IN THE JURISDICTION HE/SHE RESIDES) AGREES THAT ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THEIR ENFORCEMENT, ARBITRABILITY OR INTERPRETATION SHALL BE SUBMITTED TO FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION, TO BE HELD IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA BEFORE A SINGLE ARBITRATOR, IN ACCORDANCE WITH CALIFORNIA CODE OF CIVIL PROCEDURE §§ 1280 ET SEQ. THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE SELECTED BY MUTUAL AGREEMENT OF THE PARTIES OR, IF THE PARTIES CANNOT AGREE, THEN BY SELECTING AN ARBITRATOR FROM A LIST OF ARBITRATORS SUPPLIED BY JAMS (JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES). IF THE PARTIES STILL CANNOT AGREE ON AN ARBITRATOR, THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE APPOINTED BY JAMS. THE ARBITRATION SHALL BE A CONFIDENTIAL PROCEEDING, CLOSED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. THE ARBITRATOR SHALL ISSUE A WRITTEN OPINION STATING THE ESSENTIAL FINDINGS AND CONCLUSIONS UPON WHICH THE ARBITRATOR’S AWARD IS BASED. THE PARTIES WILL SHARE EQUALLY IN PAYMENT OF THE ARBITRATOR’S FEES AND ARBITRATION EXPENSES AND ANY OTHER COSTS UNIQUE TO THE ARBITRATION HEARING (RECOGNIZING THAT EACH SIDE BEARS ITS OWN DEPOSITION, WITNESS, EXPERT AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND OTHER EXPENSES TO THE SAME EXTENT AS IF THE MATTER WERE BEING HEARD IN COURT). NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, THE ARBITRATOR MAY REQUIRE THAT SUCH FEES BE BORNE IN SUCH OTHER MANNER AS THE ARBITRATOR DETERMINES IS REQUIRED IN ORDER FOR THIS ARBITRATION CLAUSE TO BE ENFORCEABLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, ENTRANT HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR REMEDY TO SEEK AND/OR OBTAIN INJUNCTIVE OR OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF OR ANY ORDER WITH RESPECT TO, AND/OR TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN OR OTHERWISE IMPAIR IN ANY MANNER THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION, DISTRIBUTION OR EXPLOITATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY MOVIE, PRODUCTION OR PROJECT OF SPONSOR OR ANY OF ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES.
THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT, AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF. THE PARTIES ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION ARE CURRENTLY UNENFORCEABLE UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW BUT MUTUALLY INTEND FOR THIS SECTION TO APPLY IN THE EVENT SUCH PROVISIONS LATER BECOME ENFORCEABLE UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW.
THE INTERNAL SUBSTANTIVE LAWS (AS DISTINGUISHED FROM THE CHOICE OF LAW RULES) OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA AND THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA APPLICABLE TO CONTRACTS MADE AND PERFORMED ENTIRELY IN CALIFORNIA SHALL GOVERN THE VALIDITY AND INTERPRETATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ALL OTHER CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT.
- OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST: For the list of winners, send an email to WinnersList@enteractivesolutions.com with the name of the sweepstakes in the subject line. All email requests must be received no later than two (2) months after the stated end date of the Sweepstakes Period (i.e. July 3, 2013). The Official Rules will be available on the Website during the entire Sweepstakes. Names of winners may also be posted on the Website.
- SPONSOR: Sony Pictures Television Inc., 10202 West Washington Blvd., Culver City, CA 90232.
©2013 ESG. Participants may copy these Official Rules for personal use only and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever. All rights reserved.