KOQ “Shipping or Shopping” Contest Rules
Shipping or Shopping Sweepstakes
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Shipping or Shopping Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to permanent legal residents of the 50 states of the U.S. and D.C., who are physically located and residing therein, and who are 18 years of age or older as of November 11, 2013. If a registrant/entrant is 18 years of age or older but a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must obtain parental/legal guardian consent prior to entering or submitting any personally identifiable information. Entrants must be Facebook members to enter; however, the Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook and Facebook is completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor (defined below) has no affiliation with Facebook and no responsibility for or control of any matters relating to Facebook or Facebook accounts. Entrants must also have either a valid social security number or a valid U.S. personal tax identification to participate. Employees of Sony Pictures Television Inc. (“Sponsor”), Enteractive Solutions Group Inc. (“Sweepstakes Administrator”), their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, design, printing, development, implementation or handling of the Sweepstakes, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent, subsidiary, and related companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, any other person or entity associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively “Sweepstakes Entities”), members of their immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents), and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
2. Sweepstakes Description: This Sweepstakes begins at 3:00:00 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on November 11, 2013 and ends at 3:00:00 p.m. PT on November 16, 2013 (“Sweepstakes Period”). This Sweepstakes consists of five (5) daily drawings, each a daily sweepstakes, and one (1) grand prize drawing and has available six (6) total prizes (one (1) prize per daily sweepstakes and one (1) Grand Prize), as outlined in paragraph 4. The entry period for each daily sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 a.m. PT and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT each respective day (“Daily Entry Period”) except for the first entry period which begins at 3:00:00 p.m. on November 11, 2013 and the last entry period which ends at 3:00:00 p.m. PT on November 16, 2013. Pacific Time shall control for all purposes of this Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s computer shall be the official clock for purposes of the Sweepstakes. Prospective entrants must go to https://www.facebook.com/thekingofqueens (“Facebook Site”) to enter. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to Sponsor and not Facebook. As part of the Sweepstakes, prospective entrants are asked to watch King of Queens (the “Show”), airing weekdays on television in syndication, in order to watch for the bonus code for each Daily Entry Period which will be displayed during the episode in an on-air bug (“Bonus Code”) for the opportunity to receive bonus entries for each daily sweepstakes associated with that Show airing. Watching the Show is not a requirement for entering the Sweepstakes. Check local listings for Show schedule, which may be changed or preempted without notice. In these cases, at the election of the Show, the Sweepstakes may be played outside the usual dates and times, or not at all. The potential winning of any prize is subject to verification, as set forth below.
3. How to Enter: To participate in a daily sweepstakes, Facebook members may access The King of Queens Shipping or Shopping Sweepstakes application on the Facebook platform by first logging into their Facebook account via the Facebook Site and then clicking on the Sweepstakes tab. To enter the Sweepstakes, complete the entry form on the Sweepstakes tab through the application by providing the following information on the Sweepstakes entry form: Email Address, First Name, Last Name, Month and Year of Birth, Street Address (no P.O. Boxes), City, State, Zip, Gender, and agree to the Official Rules (collectively, “Entry Information”). All required Entry Information must be completed in full, must be accurate and valid. The Entry Information must match the information of the entrant that completed the act of physically entering the Sweepstakes. After completing and submitting your Entry Information, you will then receive one entry into the Sweepstakes for that daily sweepstakes and the Grand Prize drawing (“Entry”). Entrants will also have an opportunity to submit the Bonus Code to receive a bonus entry for the respective Daily Entry Period. Bonus Code must be correct for that particular Daily Entry Period to be result in a valid bonus entry. Entrants who submit a correct Bonus Code will receive one (1) additional
entry for the respective Daily Entry Period (“Bonus Entry”) and the Grand Prize drawing. Limit one (1) Entry and one (1) Bonus Entry (“collectively Sweepstakes Entry”) per person (based on e-mail address) per Daily Entry Period. Sweepstakes Entries for a given daily sweepstakes must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. PT of such respective day. Sweepstakes Entries for the last daily sweepstakes and the Grand Prize drawing must be received by 3:00:00 p.m. PT on November 16, 2013. Multiple Sweepstakes Entries submitted by the same person in excess of this limit will be disqualified. Proof of delivery or receipt of Sweepstakes Entries will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of receipt (or entry). Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as described herein is void.
4. Prizes/Odds of Winning: Five (5) Daily Prizes (one (1) prize per daily sweepstakes): Each daily prize winner will win one (1) $500.00 American Express Gift Card that can be used towards shipping or shopping. One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive: one (1) $2,500.00 shipping or shopping spree (awarded in the form of an American Express Gift Card). Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of all prizes: $5,000.00. Odds of winning a Daily Prize depend upon the total number of eligible Sweepstakes Entries received for that daily drawing. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend upon the total number of eligible Sweepstakes Entries received for the entire Sweepstakes Period. Gift Cards subject to stated terms and conditions. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for prizes, except that Sponsor in its sole discretion may substitute a prize of equal or greater value due to prize unavailability for any reason. Any depiction of prizes, in Sweepstakes materials or otherwise, is for illustrative purposes only. All expenses not specifically mentioned as being included are excluded and are each winner’s sole responsibility. Sweepstakes void where prohibited by law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. All applicable federal, state or other tax liabilities (including, but not limited to, income taxes) arising from the Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of the winners. The Sweepstakes Administrator is not the supplier or guarantor of prizes.
5. Drawings and Notification of Winners: For each daily sweepstakes, one (1) potential winner will be randomly selected from all eligible Sweepstakes Entries for that daily sweepstakes in a drawing to be held on or about December 2, 2013, by Sweepstakes Administrator, an independent judging organization, at their offices in Burbank, CA. Entries received for a given daily drawing will not be retained for subsequent drawings but all non-winning Sweepstakes Entries received during the entire Sweepstakes Period will be used for the Grand Prize drawing. The Grand Prize drawing will be held on or about December 2, 2013 by Sweepstakes Administrator. All prize winners (or, if a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) will be notified by phone at the phone number provided on his/her Sweepstakes Entry within approximately two (2) weeks of the date his/her name was selected. The potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign, execute, have notarized and return an original unmodified Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, (where legal) a Publicity Release and any other documentation that the Sweepstakes Administrator and/or Sponsor may require (collectively “Affidavit/Release”) within five (5) days after receipt of the Affidavit/Release by a potential Grand Prize winner, or such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, be selected. By returning the completed Affidavit/Release, the Grand Prize winner attests to the authenticity of his/her Entry. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted, if he/she is found to be ineligible, he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, and/or his/her prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner will be disqualified, and, an alternate potential winner for that prize may be selected (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) from all remaining eligible Sweepstakes Entries received for that particular daily drawing. If a prize winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, his/her prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent/legal guardian. All prizes and all respective prize notification/documents will be mailed/shipped to street addresses located within the 50 states of the U.S. or D.C. only.
http://www.sonypictures.com/corp/privacy.html, except where prohibited by law, participation and acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities to use such winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, voice, biographical information and address (city and state) for advertising/trade/publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media (including but not limited to posting on the Facebook Site) now known or hereinafter devised, in perpetuity, without further notice, permission or compensation, in connection with the Sweepstakes, or the prize(s) awarded, and the advertising and marketing thereof. American Express, Inc. does not sponsor or endorse this Sweepstakes. Entrants also agree to be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes Administrator, which are final and binding in all respects, and waive any right to claim any ambiguity in these Official Rules or Sweepstakes materials. Submitted Sweepstakes Entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
7. ARBITRATION; WAIVER OF INJUNCTIVE RELIEF; GOVERNING LAW: ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH, TOUCHING UPON OR RELATING TO (I) THE SWEEPSTAKES, (II) THE AWARDING OR REDEMPTION OF ANY PRIZES AND/OR (III) THE DETERMINATION OF THE SCOPE OR APPLICABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THEIR ENFORCEMENT OR INTERPRETATION SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE SUBSTANTIVE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS. BY SUBMITTING A SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY, EACH ENTRANT (AND HIS/HER PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN IF THE ENTRANT IS A MINOR IN THE JURISDICTION HE/SHE RESIDES) AGREES THAT ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THEIR ENFORCEMENT, ARBITRABILITY OR INTERPRETATION SHALL BE SUBMITTED TO FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION, TO BE HELD IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA BEFORE A SINGLE ARBITRATOR, IN ACCORDANCE WITH CALIFORNIA CODE OF CIVIL PROCEDURE §§ 1280 ET SEQ. THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE SELECTED BY MUTUAL AGREEMENT OF THE PARTIES OR, IF THE PARTIES CANNOT AGREE, THEN BY SELECTING AN ARBITRATOR FROM A LIST OF ARBITRATORS SUPPLIED BY JAMS (JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES). IF THE PARTIES STILL CANNOT AGREE ON AN ARBITRATOR, THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE APPOINTED BY JAMS. THE ARBITRATION SHALL BE A CONFIDENTIAL PROCEEDING, CLOSED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. THE ARBITRATOR SHALL ISSUE A WRITTEN OPINION STATING THE ESSENTIAL FINDINGS AND CONCLUSIONS UPON WHICH THE ARBITRATOR’S AWARD IS BASED. THE PARTIES WILL SHARE EQUALLY IN PAYMENT OF THE ARBITRATOR’S FEES AND ARBITRATION EXPENSES AND ANY OTHER COSTS UNIQUE TO THE ARBITRATION HEARING (RECOGNIZING THAT EACH SIDE BEARS ITS OWN DEPOSITION, WITNESS, EXPERT AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND OTHER EXPENSES TO THE SAME EXTENT AS IF THE MATTER WERE BEING HEARD IN COURT). NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, THE ARBITRATOR MAY REQUIRE THAT SUCH FEES BE BORNE IN SUCH OTHER MANNER AS THE ARBITRATOR DETERMINES IS REQUIRED IN ORDER FOR THIS ARBITRATION CLAUSE TO BE ENFORCEABLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, ENTRANT HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR REMEDY TO SEEK AND/OR OBTAIN INJUNCTIVE OR OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF OR ANY ORDER WITH RESPECT TO, AND/OR TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN OR OTHERWISE IMPAIR IN ANY MANNER THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION, DISTRIBUTION OR EXPLOITATION OF THE
SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY MOVIE, PRODUCTION OR PROJECT OF SPONSOR OR ANY OF ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES.
THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT, AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF. THE PARTIES ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION ARE CURRENTLY UNENFORCEABLE UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW BUT MUTUALLY INTEND FOR THIS SECTION TO APPLY IN THE EVENT SUCH PROVISIONS LATER BECOME ENFORCEABLE UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW.
THE INTERNAL SUBSTANTIVE LAWS (AS DISTINGUISHED FROM THE CHOICE OF LAW RULES) OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA AND THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA APPLICABLE TO CONTRACTS MADE AND PERFORMED ENTIRELY IN CALIFORNIA SHALL GOVERN THE VALIDITY AND INTERPRETATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ALL OTHER CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
8. Official Rules/Winners List: An additional copy of these Official Rules by which all entrants are bound, or the names of winners, may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Shipping or Shopping Sweepstakes “Rules” or “Winners List” (specify which), P.O. Box 6614, Burbank, CA 91510 to be received no later than January 16, 2014.
9. Sponsor: Sony Pictures Television Inc., 10202 West Washington Blvd., Culver City, CA 90232.
Official Rules ©2013 ESG. Participants may copy these Official Rules for personal use only and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever. All rights reserved.