It seems everywhere I look I see nail art, and summer is the perfect time for it. Also, recently I’ve also noticed an abundance of fruit patterns, (we even wrote about pineapples here) so I figured why not combine the two.
Unfortunately for me, I’m not nearly as creative and artsy as others bloggers out there so I took to the internet to see what I could find. Majority of what I found I wasn’t a big fan of, I don’t like anything that’s overly-done or makes you look like you’re trying to hard, especially nail art. But not to worry, I did find four fruit inspired nail designs that I approve of this summer, plus I’ve given some tips below to help you achieve these looks.
1. Give yourself a manicure, clipping all cuticles and extra skin around your nails before starting.
2. Use tape or manicure guides to help you, also toothpicks are a great tool.
3. Paint a clear coat between colors to avoid the colors from bleeding.
4. Make sure paint is dry before moving on to the next step.
5. The more simple the look, the easier it is to achieve… start out just doing one nail on each hand.
Which look is your favorite?
Tara Wikoff | CW44 Tampa Bay
***If you’re more of a picker than a polisher, check out the BEST PLACES TO PICK SUMMER FRUIT (in Tampa Bay).