There are very few things that excite me more than new trends and springtime… put them both together and my head practically explodes. Spring time brings us warmer weather, rainy nights and tons of new trends to try.
Usually by the time that spring rolls around, we already have an idea what some of the trends are. We slowly saw them gain popularity in the fall and by spring we have full-blown trends on our hands, I’m looking at you fringe. So without further ado, here are the spring trends you’ll be coveting very soon, if not already.
1. Lace-up heels and flats | No, we’re not talking about sneakers or those awful wedge sneaker things, we are talking about super cute heels and adorable flats with laces. Granted these shoes take a bit more time to get in and out of but they are worth it. A pair of jeans and blouse can be instantly undated. Just don’t wear them to go shopping and trying stuff on. You’ll be lacing and unlacing those bad-boys all freaking day. Can you tell I’m speaking from experience?
2. Suede | Have you noticed this trend, because I feel like I’m seeing it everywhere? It’s a funny time for it as well considering when you think of spring, you don’t necessarily think of suede, but it’s definitely trending. If it’s not cold where you are make the trend work for you, instead of wearing a suede jacket you can wear it in the form of a skirt, or make it even more springtime by choosing to wear it in a springtime color, such as light pink or blush.
3. Cold-shoulder | The cold-shoulder is a huge trend for spring. And no I’m not talking about when you ignore your beau after a fight. The cold-shoulder is a term used for tops that expose your shoulders. I love this trend and have tried it out myself in here Florida. I do have a little tip for wearing this trend, make sure you wear your sunscreen, if not you may have a burned shoulder… and that’s not cute.
4. Fringe | I hinted about fringe in my intro and now it’s time to tassel, I mean tackle this super fun trend. Fringe doesn’t have to only be worn on your clothing, especially if you’re like me and prefer your clothing to be more fitted, but you can basically wear it on everything, shoes and purses to dresses and jackets. Have fun with this trend and don’t forget to twirl, movement is everything when you’re wearing fringe!
5. Chokers | No, you have not taken a time machine back to 1996, chokers are back in a big way in 2016. That 20 year little hiatus means nothing now, I remember being in elementary school and thinking I was the coolest kid ever while wearing my cheap black choker with a silver cross in the middle. Luckily things a little better by today’s standards and the chokers have gotten a bit of an update. I’m not on the bandwagon for these yet, but I’m waiting at the bus-stop, if you know what I mean. I guess only time will tell. 😉
6. Strobing or Glowing skin | Strobing is essentially the opposite of contouring, instead of using a darker color to give your face definition, with strobing you are adding lightness to the highest points of your face, while still creating definition. Strobing or glowing skin is perfect for spring, it gives your face a dewy, youthful, gorgeous glow which is what everyone wants, no? Jaclyn Hill (a Tampa Bay native) is the queen of glowing skin on YouTube. Check out her channel here to learn all her tricks: https://www.youtube.com/
7. Spring colors: Rose Quartz and Serenity | You can’t have a spring trend report without reporting the colors of spring! Pantone always gives the best names for the colors, but essentially they are light pink (blush) and light blue (baby blue). If you hate all these other trends not to worry, just incorporate some springtime colors and you’re good to go!
Happy (almost) Spring!
Tara Wikoff | CW44 Tampa Bay