Summer is in full swing. Whether you’re battling the heavy heat or sporadic storms, the solution remains the same: stay inside. Summer in Florida can be rough, but our area offers a safe haven. These unique, indoor activities will keep you entertained while beating the elements all summer long!
- Brewpub: Brewpubs are a bars or restaurants that make their own beer. Tampa Bay is gaining a great reputation for craft and locally brewed beers, and brewpubs the perfect way to enjoy good food and local beer. Try Cigar City Brewing in Carrollwood or Dunedin Brewery in Dunedin.
- Murder Mystery Dinner Show: Solve a murder case while dinner is served to you at your seat. These performances are interactive and fun. Try Dinner Detective in Tampa or Murder Mystery Co. in Ybor.
- Dinner/Movies: Put a twist on dinner and a movie. Try a theater, like Cine’Bistro in Hyde Park or Studio Movie Grill in Temple Terrace, that will serve you dinner right to your theater seat. These theaters show current films, offer large menus and have full liquor bars.
- Harry Waugh Dessert Room: Ditch your dinner plans and visit the Harry Waugh Dessert Room located upstairs at Bern’s Steak House. Tour Bern’s wine cellar and taste one (or two) of their over 50 delicious desserts options.
- Rays Games: The Tropicana Field is an indoor stadium that is very family friendly. Tickets start as low as $5 and the Rays consistently offer deals and activities that the whole family can enjoy.
- TopGolf: Try your hand at target practice, play billiards and order food and drinks for your friends and family. The golfing facilities are covered and air-conditioned. If you’re not a golfer, TopGolf offers games and a family friendly environment.
- Laser Tag: An activity that the whole family can enjoy.Try Q-Zar in Tampa, entry starts as $8.50 per person. Or give Zombie Outbreak in Orlando a try for $25 per person. Zombie Outbreak is a mix between Hawl-O-Scream and laser tag. Zombies chase you while you try shoot them your laser gun, and headshots are the only way to kill them!
- Museum: Tampa Bay is a great place for arts and culture. In the past, we were awarded the honor of being one of the Top Art Destinations by American Style Mag. Experience a piece of our art culture at one of our museums. Museums are AIR CONDITIONED and full of education! Tickets are usually inexpensive and museums usually offer students deals. The Dali Museum in St. Pete is always featuring new exhibits. Or give the Tampa Museum of Art in Downtown Tampa a try.
Remember kids, stay inside! Have a happy summer!