This is the answer page to this quiz… if you haven’t taken the quiz yet… stop and go do that now! Come back here when you’re done.
- It’s OK to put your elbows on the table, as long as you’re not eating.
- It is appropriate to show up to a dinner party early.
- When passing food around a table… dishes should be passed clockwise.
- If there are more than a dozen people at an event, it is OK to slip out without say goodbye to the host.
- When out to dinner, make sure your cellphone is placed screen down on the table.
- When in a theater, it’s customary to face the front of the theater when walking down the row of seats.
- Armrests on airplanes- The person in the middle always gets both armrests.
- It is NOT ok to take off your shoes on plane, even if it’s a long flight.
- Proper etiquette for returning emails is 48 hours.
- When talking on your cellphone, you should observe the 5-foot Proximity Rule (meaning keep a distance of 5 feet form you and the earest person).
- True: Elbows on the table are fine, as long as you’re not eating.
- False: Arrive 10 – 15 minutes after the scheduled time in case the host isn’t ready.
- False: Dishes should be passed counterclockwise… Your right hand should be free for serving. Sorry lefties… it’s a right hand world.
- True: If the host is busy, it’s OK to leave without saying goodbye and afterward send a text or email after thanking them for inviting you.
- False: Your phone should not be on the table at a restaurant.
- True: Face the stage or screen so if you lose your balance you can grab the back of the seat in front of you.
- True: That middle seat person doesn’t have an aisle armrest or window to lean on.
- False: If your flight is more than 3 hours, it’s OK. Just don’t go barefoot and make sure you don’t have any issues with odor. (Gross!)
- False: It is best to try and respond within 24 hours.
- False: You should keep a distance of 10-feet from the nearest person, so you don’t bother them with your phone call.
How did you do??
If you got between 8-10 correct, you might need to relax, you’re taking life too seriously… just kidding! You’re pretty awesome.
If you got between 5-7 correct, you’re relatively well-mannered, good for you!
If you got between 2-4 correct, you’re doing OK, but maybe take some notes.
If you got less than 2 correct, there’s no help for you… just kidding. I’ll still be your friend.