Sure, you know about the signing and the declaring, but do you know how many watermelons are eaten on the Fourth of July?
Here are 7 weird Independence Day facts.
1. The originals Declaration of Independence was called ‘The Dunlap Broadside’
2. Three Presidents have died on the 4th of July: John Adams, Thomas Jefferson and James Monroe
3. Every air base in the U.S. fires a ‘Salute to the Union’ at noon on the 4th
4. Denmark celebrates U.S. Independence Day
5. For the holiday, Americans are expected to spend $7.1 billion on food and beverages
6. America has an official Fourth of July city: Seward, Nebraska
7. The largest fireworks display in the Macy’s show in New York City