He’s a majestic creature covered in feathers of brown. He soars through the forest about 5 feet above the ground. His piercing gobble is heard for miles around. He’s Tom Turkey; the proud, the honorable, the delicious!
But what do we really know about Tom? Sure, he tastes great when smothered in gravy and piled next to a side of mashed potatoes, but is there more to this buttery bird? Take the trivia challenge below and get to know the turkey you plan to devour on Thanksgiving Day. That Tom is a great guy!
- About how many turkeys are cooked and eaten in the US on Thanksgiving? via infoplease.com
- 85 million
- 1 billion
- 10 million
- 45 million
- What are MALE turkeys called? via infoplease.com
- What is the average weight of a WILD male turkey? via infoplease.com
- 60 pounds
- 5 pounds
- 20 pounds
- 100 pounds
- True or False: only male turkeys (aka Toms) can gobble. via infoplease.com
- True or False: a turkey can drown if they look up in the rain. via howstuffworks.com
- True or False: turkeys have heart attacks. via aristotle.net
- True or False: a turkey’s head changes color depending on it’s mood. via farmsanctuary.org
- In what month do they celebrate Thanksgiving in Canada? via me, because I’m Canadian
- Trick, they don’t celebrate Thanksgiving
Do you feel any closer to our dear friend, the turkey? Or did this taste of turkey trivia make you hungry for our dear friend, the turkey? Let us know in the comments below!
Vanessa Rao | CW44 Tampa Bay